Triple Berry Iced Green Tea
1 hour 15 minutes
Three flavors of berries brought together with sweet green tea, topped with frozen berries. Serve it to help cool off spicy meals, outside on the porch or at the pool on a hot day.
Iced Green Tea
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Green Tea bag
- Frozen berries, for garnish
Triple Berry Syrup
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries and chopped strawberries
- Prepare Iced Green Tea: Bring 2 cups water to a rolling boil. Gently pour water over tea bag. Steep 3-5 minutes; remove tea bag. Add 2 remaining cups water and chill.
- Prepare Triple Berry Syrup: In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved (about 5-10 minutes). Turn off heat and stir in berries. Mash mixture with a fork or large spoon. Steep mixture for 1 hour. When ready, press the mixture through a strainer using a large spoon; reserve the liquid and discard the solids.*
- To serve, sweeten iced tea with syrup to taste; pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with frozen berries.
*The leftover fruit solids are delicious when layered with yogurt and granola in a parfait.