Just Peachy Tea Cocktail
This delightfully peachy bourbon and tea cocktail made with our Southern Blends Honeyed Peach Tea was created at the Luzianne Southern Tea Party in New Orleans, courtesy of our pals @JDSeries, @MrHappyHr, @EatingNola and @LandonTalks.
- 2 ounces Luzianne® Southern Blends Honeyed Peach Tea, brewed and chilled
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 Orange-scented Sugar Cubes, recipe follows
- 1/2 ounce Strawberry Rose Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Fresh peaches, sliced, for garnish
- Pour the bourbon into a cocktail shaker. Add the sugar cubes and, using a muddler, crush the cubes. Add the chilled tea, syrup, lemon juice and ice cubes. Shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain the liquid into a Collins glass filled with ice and garnish with fresh peach slices.
Orange-scented Sugar Cubes
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Using a spoon, pack sugar into molds. Let stand at room temperature or in a cool, dry place for at least 8 hours before removing from molds. Store in a resealable container for up to 3 months.
- Yield: Varies according to shape of molds
Strawberry Rose Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons rose petals
- Combine sugar, water, strawberries and rose petals in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for at least 1 hour. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the solids to extract all of the liquid. Transfer the liquid to a resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Yield: 1 cup