Summer Rose Garden Tea Cocktail
Sip this tasty tea and gin cocktail and be transported to a Southern garden. The recipe was created at the Luzianne Southern Blends Southern Tea Party in New Orleans, courtesy of our pals @FlavourfuFinds2, @EatenPathNola and @AintthatPhancy.
- 4 ounces Luzianne® Southern Blends Mint & Rose Blossom Tea, brewed and chilled
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce St. Germaine (or other elderflower liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce Lavender Hibiscus Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Club soda (or sparkling rosé)
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Edible flowers, for garnish
- Combine the chilled tea, gin, St. Germaine, syrup, lemon juice and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until well chilled, then strain the mixture into a champagne coupe, top with club soda or sparkling rosé and garnish with mint and flowers.
Hibiscus Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 family size bag Luzianne®Hibiscus Iced Tea
- 1 tablespoon food-grade lavender flowers
- Combine sugar, water, tea bag and lavender flowers in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for at least 1 hour. Strain through a fine mesh sieve lined with a coffee filter. Press on the solids to extract all of the liquid. Transfer to a resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Yield: 1 cup