Spiced Strawberry Syrup
1 Cup Syrup
This easy-to-make syrup is sweet with a hint of pepper and can be used to make cocktails or as a flavoring in non-alcoholic soda-water drinks.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon rose water, optional
- Combine strawberries, sugar, water and peppercorns in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until strawberries are falling apart. Let stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve to remove solids. Add rose water, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.