Spiced Peach Syrup
About 1 ½ cups
When the farmer’s market has fresh, fragrant peaches, making this syrup will give you summer in a bottle. But you can make it all year long with frozen peaches, too. It’s a great cocktail mixer and is the secret ingredient in our Imperial Honeyed Peach party punch.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups chopped peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 small allspice berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- ½ vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup water
- 1. Combine sugar, peaches, lemon juice, cardamom, allspice, cinnamon, clove, vanilla bean and water in a medium saucepan. Stir well.
- 2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Strain and discard solids. Place in a sealed, resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.